Dr. Meghan Sultana is a New York state licensed acupuncturist and board certified Chinese herbalist. She earned her masters and doctorate degrees from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, a five-year intensive program involving 3500 hours of education and 900 hours of clinical training. Her acupuncture experience has included work at Columbia University Health Services, Mount Sinai-Beth Israel Integrative Oncology, Housing Works, and Pacific College Wellness Center. She travelled to China to study abroad at the International Acupuncture Training Center, an institute recognized by the World Health Organization, and completed clinical rounds at the Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital in Beijing.
Meghan continues to deepen her skills and knowledge in Eastern medicine by attending advanced trainings for providing the best service to her patients. She is currently in a 2-year mentorship for Five Element Acupuncture with esteemed scholar Lonny Jarrett. Her own healing successes with acupuncture created a passion for women's health with special interests in treating gynecological disorders and fertility support, stress and anxiety, emotional and spiritual balancing, pain relief, and digestive disorders.
Beyond Eastern medicine, she enjoys studying other forms of mind-body healing and meditation to help patients overcome blockage and initiate change in their lives. She has Reiki I & II attunements and offers astrological consultations following many years of study and mentorship.
TRAINING & CREDENTIALS
- Licensed Acupuncturist, New York State
- Diplomate, national board certifications in acupuncture & Chinese herbal medicine, NCCAOM
- Doctor of Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Certified clean needle technique, CCAOM
- Membership: American Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture Society of New York